This thread will have a collection of frequently encountered issues when developing Corda. There is also a troubleshooting page on our docsite.
The following be a list of steps to take for most issues.
(Note: Where you see
gradlew replace with
./gradlew on non-Windows platforms.
- Use the gradle wrapper
gradle- we only support the version the wrapper is at.
gradlew clean- this fixes many problems
- In IntelliJ reimport the gradle project (View -> Tool Windows -> Gradle then in the new gradle window press the Refresh icon)
- Use a more stable milestone branch. We tag our milestones so use
git tagto find the milestones and `git checkout -b <tag_name> <your_branch_name> to create a new branch from that milestone.
- Build -> Recompile
- Invalidate caches
Specific Errors Messages
“Inherited platform declarations clash: The following declarations have the same JVM signature”
This can occur when using gradle 3. Use the wrapper instead.
To find out the version of a Corda.jar you can use either
java -jar corda.jar --version but for much older versions of Corda you can use
.java -jar -Dcapsule.version corda.jar.
Nodes fail to start
Check the logs in the node directory log folders (typically
Things to be added:
- Missing @Serialisable tags on flows methods.
- Port clashes from zombie nodes
- More common errors from Discourse/Slack